Friday, October 23, 2009

Magick in God's Country

Following yet another disastrous marriage, this one fuelled by some hardcore magick that worked very very well (oops), I find myself living in a small college town in northcentral Arkansas (hint: the last train went here, in the song). I like my job a lot, and the little cabin where I live in the woods, and my little shelf of magickal tomes, but I do miss the fraternity of like minds. If they're here, they're well hidden. I'm the only person listed on Witchvox in this town, or within easy driving distance (Ft. Smith is an hour away).

Wah wah. It's okay. It's just a case of having become accustomed to living in places where you could be, if not open about your wacky belief systems, at least you didn't have to worry about losing your job or getting you ass kicked for them.

I have no idea who if anybody is reading this, by the way, but hi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pagan Topologist said...

Well, you have at least one reader at the moment. I just found your blog via your link on witchvox. I am (almost) 66 years old, grew up in a Southern Presbyterian church in East Tennessee, and took a long time to escape and find my own variety of eclectic Wicca and a Pagan community.

7:03 AM  
Blogger bunnycatch3r said...

Small town (under 500) Nebraska here~ and so yeah, I relate. No, I won't find any like minds in these parts but that may be for the best. To quote a song of liberation "I have no strings to hold me down". And as a result my religion has it's own rituals and chants, it's own sacred language, meditations, dance, and poetry. In short- I'm in love.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home